Buying a vehicle is a major purchase. You can borrow the money you need from a bank, a credit union or other financing company, many people like to finance through the dealership from which they purchase the vehicle. Getting a loan for a large amount of money entails research, knowledge, and finally negotiation of the best deal for you. After completing this section you will be able to:
- Understand how a lender decides whether to finance your vehicle loan;
- Calculate how much you can afford to borrow;
- Recognize companies that make car loans and provide vehicle financing
- Recognize the types of loans that are available for vehicle purchase;
- How to shop for the best loans rates and terms;
- Understand the loan application process;
- Understand the loan approval process;
- Recognize your rights as a consumer.
Curriculum PDF files
Getting a Vehicle Loan: Participant module pdf
Getting a Vehicle Loan: Facilitator dodule pdf
Module 5 Getting a Vehicle Loan: Power Point Presentation (to download this file select the "save" to my computer option if you only want to see it on screen select "open")
To download the above files you will need Acrobat Reader.