Developing a banner is a way of advertising your Club. It is a traditional marketing tool for promoting your Club. Also electronic banners can be utilized as a new marketing tool that occurs over the Internet. The objective behind utilizing traditional or electronic banners for ASPIRA Clubs is to increase the awareness of a particular club.
• Icebreaker: Students will view and discuss the video located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUcTpum56bw
- Facilitator will break the participants into groups by ASPIRA Clubs.
- Students will create an ASPIRA Club Banner following a set of guidelines provided by the Club Advisor (Handout 7.1A). It is suggested that the banners be created first on paper (Handout 7.1B).
- Following instructions provided by the Club facilitator, participants will also visit their local ASPIRA websites and create email accounts
ASPIRA Club Banner Guidelines
Objective: To ensure every ASPIRA Club has a club banner that highlights their school spirit, cultural heritage, and ASPIRA pride. Every ASPIRA Club should have a banner that meets the following criteria:
1. Banner can be made from canvas, felt or other like materials.
2. Banners can include symbols, flags of the countries represented in your club, your school mascot, or any other decorations that will make them a unique identifier of your club.
3. Banner dimensions should be as follows: length of approximately 5 to 6 feet, width of approximately 3 to 4 feet.
4. Somewhere on your club’s banner, the following elements should be incorporated:
- • The words “ASPIRA”
- • The pitirre symbol
- • Your school/Club name