Accenture is proud to sponsor іSÍ! The New American Scholarship and Internship Program. The scholarship program provides a combination of scholarship assistance and a possible structured, multi-year internship for Latino college students. The internships are designed to work with major corporations, and at the same time, provide students with a pathway to high-level careers in the private sector.
Am I eligible?
In order to meet the eligibility requirements, you must be a full-time college student completing your second year of study with anticipated graduation dates of May 2013 through May 2014.
At the time of this application, all applicants must:
- Be a Latino student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be seeking degrees in Business, Engineering (all disciplines), Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics/Statistics/Sciences.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
What fields of study will be considered?
Applicants should be seeking degrees in one of the following areas:
- Engineering (all disciplines)
- Computer Sciences / Computer Engineering
- Information Systems / Decision Sciences
- Mathematics / Statistics / Sciences
What types of students receive awards?
Scholarships are awarded to Latino students based on the following criteria:
- Academic Performance,
- Essay Responses,
- Extra-Curricular/Interests/Community Service,
- Demonstrated Leadership,
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills and
- Work Experience
The Accenture scholarship program seeks to recognize students who are high achievers.
How much is the scholarship award?
The Accenture scholarship awards will be $3,000 to each recipient, per year.
Are awards renewable?
Yes. The scholarship recipients must be enrolled in a full-time accredited program and can renew their scholarship (renewal for up to two years), or until completion of a bachelors degree, whichever comes first. Students must maintain an academic level of a 3.0 grade point average or better in order to qualify for a renewal.
When are applications due?
Applications will be accepted beginning October 1, 2011 and the deadline for submission is November 15, 2011.
Are you ready to complete the online application?
You will be required to:
- Submit two Letters of Recommendation (one work related / one academic related)
- Official college transcript
- Submit a current resume
- Respond to essay questions (please note save features and you may type essay in MS Word and cut and paste in space provided).
To submit your application by November 15, 2011, please download the application here.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 223,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.6 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2010. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
If you have any questions about the program, please call Scholarship & Recognition Programs at 609-771-7878.